چهارشنبه 15 آبان 1392
Soft, glowing skin doesn’t have to be just a distant summer memory. Although a tad more difficult to maintain under dryer, colder conditions, there is definitely hope for keeping a smooth and silky exterior during the fall and even winter seasons. Keeping your skin hydrated until March may seem impossible, but it’s as easy (literally) slathering on some chapstick with our favorite skin-saving beauty products. Load up on our 5 must-haves for a moisturized, crack-free complexion.
1. Curel Continuous Comfort Body Lotion: At $4.50, there’s really no reason you shouldn’t be as obsessed with this drugstore staple as we are. The non-greasy, lightweight lotion immediately nourishes your skin and can last for up to 24 hours. It’s so gentle, you can even use it on your face. Whether you’re a chronic dry skin sufferer or just looking to sooth a crackly patch, allow this compact lotion become your body’s new BF.
2. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream: We know, you’re tired of seeing this product on all the lists. It’s just so predictable. But it’s a beauty editor favorite for good reason: it kicks ass at what it does. It’s thicker than the line’s moisturizer, which is perfect for fall and winter’s harsher conditions. The most brag-worthy part about this miracle cream is probably the fact that one of the main ingredients — antarcticine — is sourced from glaciers! If you’re a little hesitant about the price, rest assured knowing that a little goes a long way. In fact, the 1.7 fl oz jar will probably last until winter 2014.
3. First Aid Ultra Repair Lip Therapy: Chapped lips might be the most unfortunate, annoying, and even painful realities of November through February. How are you supposed to confidently pucker up under the mistletoe and during the New Year’s Eve countdown with a parched pout? Answer: You can’t. Enter First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Lip Therapy. It’s not just a regular lip balm. It’s got magical healing powers (read: antioxidants), so if your sad lips are suffering from wounds or peeling, this cream will save you.
4. L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream: The idea of crackled feet kind of makes our skin crawl a little bit. But, like the rest of your body, it is something that you definitely need to deal with this season, before you startle your bed mate with what they might think are ridged socks. L’Occitane’s shea butter foot cream has antiseptic lavender oils and anti-inflammatory extracts to battle redness, irritation and, of course, dryness. There’s also mint in there to help keep your feet feeling fresh and clean.
5. Hand Food Hydrating Hand Cream: What’s the point of a gorgeous holiday mani when your cuticles are all cracked and dry? This hand cream will not only keep your digits smooth and hydrated, but it’ll also extend the life of your polish by moisturizing your nail beds. It’s scented with macadamia and marshmallows — yet another reason to go get this right now.